Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Leprechaun Wands

My daughter likes to wave anything around attached to a stick. Recently we made "Flower Guy" (which you can see in this picture with our new Leprechaun Wand). And last month we made "Heart Guy".

My kids are getting excited about the prospect of little leprechauns running around this month, hiding their gold at the end of the rainbow. (And, if you ask my son, somewhere in our backyard... but I digress.) So, I have had to get a bit crafty and start thinking up some new and fun St. Patrick's Day crafts.

Today Ashley and I made Leprechaun Wands. She says she can use it to make magic and find fairies and leprechaun gold. Whatever makes her happy. I just thought it was fun, cute and easy to do!

Supplies:
  1. Two popsicle sticks or tongue depressors

  2. Glue

  3. Shamrocks to color - you can draw one yourself or use the template I found at Family Fun: Shamrock Pattern

  4. Curling ribbon or anything decorative to hang off the wand

  5. Stickers to decorate :)

I think you can probably figure this one out on your own, but just in case...

Directions:

  1. Glue together popsicle sticks and staple curling ribbon onto the top of the stick.
  2. Color and cut out shamrocks
  3. Glue shamrocks over the curling ribbon
  4. Add glitter or stickers if you want!

No comments: