Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dance Day

What's the best way to get the wiggles out on a snowed in, rained in, or cold in day? Have a dance party of course!

Now, in a perfect world, we would blast our favorite songs and our little ones would boogie down. (I'm currently partial to a little Bon Jovi and Daughtry since I'm going to the concert in April.) But, in the real toddler world, we may have a longer dance party if we blast tunes that our kids are into too.

If you're looking for something new to add to your kiddie-tunes playlist on your iPod, look no further than AndyZ. He's our favorite! Greg and Ashley can't get enough of I Went To a Party With Dinosaurs and Sticky, Sticky Bubblegum. Mom's favorite is I Love You Because You're You. It's true I have been known to listen to this song in my car with no kids in sight.

Here is his website if you would like to check him out: http://www.andyz.com/ And, can also find his music on iTunes.

I also highly recommend Greg and Steve's Kids in Motion series. They have lots of fun songs that your toddler can learn from while getting their groove on like Animal Action and Body Rock. Of course, my family's favorite is their song The Freeze. What's better than a good old fashioned freeze dance to get you giggling?!

Unfortunately, Greg and Steve are not as easy to find. I got my copy at a teacher supply store and you can also find them on Amazon.com. No iTunes for them yet, but maybe soon?

Don't forget to add things like scarves and rhythm sticks into the dance action. Anything to keep everyone moving and having fun.

The bonus to this toddler activity is that you can get a work-out too. And, if you're like me and haven't seen the inside of a gym since last November, this will be helpful for both you and your thighs!

No matter what great music you choose to rock your house with... dance, baby, dance!

No comments: