Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Snow Paint

Here is a super-easy recipe to create three-dimensional "snow paint". This activity is really fun! I used it in my first grade classroom and my three year old loves it. You can create all kinds of fun snow scenes and snowmen.

Recipe for Snow Paint:
Mix equal parts Elmer's white glue and shaving cream. (Seriously does it get any easier than this?)


  • Be sure to paint on heavy paper

  • Give the paint a full day to dry (especially if your little one lays the snow on thick!)

  • For a snow scene, I usually let my kids draw first and then add the snow

  • For a great snowman, let your kids add lots of fun "extras" like buttons

Here is a picture of a snowman my son made recently. He looks a bit like he's melting, but you get the idea.


Parent tip: Don't be afraid to paint your own snow scene. Maybe one where you are snowed in and the kids are at Grandma's. Your all alone in your quiet house with a roaring fire and a Peppermint Schnapps laced hot cocoa in your hands... now that sounds like a great art project to me!

Have fun! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Do you live far away because you know that if you still lived here I'd send my kids for arts and crafts at your house every day?