Sunday, January 13, 2008

Indoor Ice Skating FUN

We've had some rainy and cold days around here. My kids often spend much of the day inside and they start to get a little ornery if I don't get them moving. I was looking for a way to get their wiggles out when I found this fun, indoor ice skating idea. It's a very simple way to get some movement when you're stuck inside on a cold Winter day.

Just cut 2 rectangles of waxed paper for each of your kids (waxed paper should be a little bigger than their foot/shoe). Once you stand on the waxed paper, you will see how easy it is to glide on your carpet, just like ice skating! And, here is an important note... while it's easy to glide on your carpet like this, I found that it wasn't "slippery", so no one slid too much and got hurt.

Now, play some upbeat wintry music and let the skating fun begin!

No comments: